Everest is an open-source mod loader and modding API for Celeste, allowing you to create custom map packs, texture replacements and code mods to your heart's content.
We're too busy and don't have time to update this list.
It would also be longer if that Berry guy would've ignored us!
- In-game updater and dependency downloader
- Cross-platform: Windows, macOS, Linux
- Works with itch.io, Steam and Epic Games.
- Doesn't (and probably won't ever) work with the Windows Store.
- Easily switch between Everest and vanilla Celeste from the title screen or Olympus
- Load mod files without messing with your original files:
- Custom sound effects
- New decals, tilesets, sprites and other graphics
- Custom character dialogues
- Completely new maps and campaigns
- And anything else thanks to code mods
- Sound test - including easter eggs hidden in Celeste by the legendary Kevin Regamey
- Quality of life improvements:
- Gets you out of most softlocks (disabled for vanilla maps)
- Discord Rich Presence - share your stats live
- Use your keyboard to rename save files
- Enhanced Debug Mode:
- Toggle the hidden debug mode in-game - no save file edits needed
- Live reloading of the map you're working on, both automatic and via F5
- Reload all code and assets quickly using CTRL + F5
- F6 to open the improved map viewer - now without losing progress and with SHIFT / CTRL modifiers!
- Got a keyboard without
~ and want to open the console? Press
- Speaking of console: Live log output using the
--console launch flag
- A lot of unhardcoded and customizable entities for your custom maps
- And much more that did not fit into this list. Whew!
Olympus - Cross-platform Everest Installer
YOLO! This fancy tech is very fresh so don't be surprised if it blows up in your face.
Please report all bugs to the Everest Team in #modding_help on the Celeste Discord server!
Feel free to scroll down to the manual installation instructions if this doesn't work.
If you are on Windows:
olympus.exe from GameBanana and run it.
- If Windows SmartScreen blocks it, tell it to run anyway.
- If your antivirus blocks it, let them analyze it as a false positive and if possible, send them here.
Olympus can update itself and injects Everest code into Celeste.exe but both are open-source.
If you are on macOS:
If you are on Linux:
- No matter what platform you are on:
- If there's a red ! on the options button, update Olympus first.
- Press on the "Manage" button on the left side.
- Add your Celeste installation(s), change the name(s) as you see fit.
- Go back (top left corner) and press the huge Everest installation button.
- Select an Everest version and hit the long "Install" or "Update" button.
Everest.Installer for Windows (old)
Cross-platform manual installation
If you need to scroll down this far, please let us know why so we can improve Olympus.
If you're on Linux, feel free to try the unofficial EverInst at your own risk.
For now, please hold tight with the following manual installation instructions!
- Find a mod that you want to play with on GameBanana.
- Press the 1-click installation button.
- If the 1-click installer doesn't work, put the mod
.zip into the
Mods directory where Celeste is.
- For prototyping and development, feel free to use a folder instead of a
- That's it. No need to extract anything.