Everest is an open-source mod loader and modding API for Celeste, allowing you to create custom map packs, texture replacements and code mods to your heart's content.
We're too busy improving Everest and don't have time for this list.
It would also be longer if that Berry guy would've ignored us!
- In-game updater and dependency downloader
- Cross-platform: Windows, macOS, Linux
- Easily switch between Everest and vanilla Celeste from the title screen
- ... or launch vanilla Celeste directly with the
--vanilla launch flag
- Fixes for certain game-breaking bugs:
- Automatically uses ANGLE to fix certain buggy graphics drivers
- Fixes out of memory crashes
- Gets you out of most softlocks (disabled for vanilla maps)
- Load mod files without messing with your original files:
- Custom sound effects
- New decals, tilesets, sprites and other graphics
- Custom character dialogues
- Completely new maps and campaigns
- And anything else thanks to code mods
- Sound test - including easter eggs hidden in Celeste by the legendary Kevin Regamey
- Quality of life improvements:
- Discord Rich Presence - share your stats live
- Use your keyboard to rename save files
- Enhanced Debug Mode:
- Toggle the hidden debug mode while the game is running
- Live reloading of the map you're working on, both automatic and via F5
- Reload all code and assets quickly using CTRL + F5
- F6 to open the improved map viewer - now without losing progress and with SHIFT / CTRL modifiers!
- Got a keyboard without
~ and want to open the console? Press
- Speaking of console: Live log output using the
--console launch flag
- A lot of unhardcoded and customizable entities for your custom maps
- And much more that did not fit into this list. Whew!
Cross-platform manual installation
A new cross-platform (Windows, Linux, macOS) installer is currently in development.
If you're on Linux, feel free to try the unofficial EverInst at your own risk.
For now, please hold tight with the following manual installation instructions!
- Find a mod that you want to play with on GameBanana.
- Press the 1-click installation button.
- If the 1-click installer doesn't work, put the mod
.zip into the
Mods directory where Celeste is.
- For prototyping and development, feel free to use a folder instead of a
- That's it. No need to extract anything.